Are you looking for a “Fix approved” soup that will not only warm you up on a hot day– but will keep you full until your next meal? Look no farther. This was an INCREDIBLE lunch and even after portioning it out in my purple container– THERE WAS SOOO MUCH TO EAT!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium green pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 1.5 ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 15 oz. can black or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can all-natural diced tomatoes
1. Heat oil in saucepan over medium-high heat
2. Add turkey, onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook, stir occasionally for 5-8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink
3. Add cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, cook for 1 minute
4. Add beans and tomatoes (with liquid). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let cook for 15-20 minutes.
5. Serve warm
Makes 6 servings. 1 serving is ONE CUP.
1/2 Green, 1 Red, 1/2 yellow